Monday, September 17, 2007

Shameful!

Here's the thing about teaching kids in Cupertino... some of them know how to use computer programs better than I can, including creating really wonderful Powerpoint Presentations and iMovies. Next trimester I'm supposed to be teaching Technology and I don't see how I could possibly be of use to those really tech-saavy students. (Maybe I'll just use them as helpers and give them an A for the class...) Still, I feel that their time can be better spent doing something else.

AND. I've realized that since I haven't done long division for a really long time, I royally suck at it. I can't even count the number of times when I've made a mistake in front of the class, and the students had to tell me what I did wrong. So what did I do? Spend the weekend practicing long division problems at home. I think I'm good to go now.

No comments: