Sunday, September 9, 2007

For Your Information

Just to let you know, I am not blogging again because I'm in a relationship. Besides, I would never blog about my relationship online!

I will now explain my "circumstances" that limit my blogging. I am now teaching 6th grade Math and Science as opposed to English and Social Studies. WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT EARTH SCIENCE?!?! Needless to say, it's taking quite a lot of time planning for these new subjects --- mostly science (which also takes a lot of time to shop for lab supplies and setting/cleaning up). And minus the hour that I take eating and unwinding after I get home, I'm pretty much working ALL THE TIME. It really reminds me of my first year of teaching, where I was working every waking minute. It kind of really sucks, but next year will feel ever-so-sweeter again. It's like what they say --- pleasure is that much more pleasurable if you've already experienced the pain.

But looking on the bright side, my situation now is infinitely better than my first year in TFA. There's no more grad school going on simultaneously (I don't have to write papers), I got a new MacBook from school, new LCD projector, new speakers, and I actually enjoy staying in my classroom to do work. The last two years in LA, my classroom felt like a dungeon, and I never felt safe staying after 4:30. Now... most days I stay in my classroom and work until 6:30. It's not bad... especially with Pandora.com keeping me company.

And get this... as opposed to LAUSD blocking almost every single website, CUSD allows me to access all my web-based e-mail accounts, AND the school encourages the teachers to use iChat during school hours to communicate with each other. So if you see me on AIM during the day, it's not because I'm actually there to chat :)

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Yeah, but people in relationships always have more to say...is what I meant. Single people are boring. :P

Anna said...

so, does that mean you wouldnt talk to people if you're online at the same time?